Mound City Bank began operations as a state-chartered bank on February 18, 1915 in Platteville, WI. The founders of the bank mirrored the 4,500 residents of the City of Platteville, representing both farming and business interests. Their fierce independence and commitment to community remains the cornerstone of the bank's philosophy even today. Seeing a need for these same services, Mound City Bank established a branch in Belmont, WI in 1935.
Fast forward to 1992 when we opened our Cuba City Branch to provide more convenient full service banking to the Southern portion of our market area. The Main Office in Platteville continued to grow and in 1995, the bank constructed a new 4 lane motor branch for convenient drive-up banking, drive-up ATM services, and a community room. In 1996, the Main Office doubled its previous size affording the space to provide new and non-traditional banking services to its ever-growing customer base.
Mound City Bank shareholders approved the formation of Mound City Financial Services, Inc., a one-bank holding company in 1997. The holding company formation increases the bank's options for continued growth and expansion of its current products and services as well as the development of new non-traditional products, and the expansion of its market area. With the vision of market growth along the Highway 151 corridor, the Mount Horeb Branch was established in 2007 along with a Mineral Point Branch in 2008.
Mound City Bank has come a long way from its humble beginnings as a $55,000 total asset bank in 1915. Today with assets of over $288 million, six locations and over 66 full-time equivalent employees, we are "Proud to Be Here for You” building lasting relationships with our premier financial solutions.