We are committed to providing our customers with the highest level of security available. In order to ensure that your information is protected, we have employed the following:
MCB Online Banking requires a browser capable of high-security 128-bit encryption (SSL). Without this level of security, access will be denied. Since you are seeing this text, your current browser is capable of this level of security. However, should you attempt to access this site from another computer or browser that is not enabled for high-security, access will be denied.
We recommend using Windows 7 or higher, Interent Explorer 9.0 or higher and Firefox 18.0 or higher. We will recommend a browser upgrade to customers requesting support who are using older browser versions no longer prevalent in the market - such as Microsoft®, for example, no longer offers support for outdated versions of Internet Explorer.
The latest version of Adobe Reader will be required to view Online Statements correctly.
Online Banking Service Agreement
User Terms & Conditions
Mound City Bank hereby publishes the following terms and conditions for use of Online Banking services. Mound City Bank reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time, effective upon publication. Use of Online Banking services constitutes agreement to these terms and conditions and any modifications thereof.
||User agrees that the following uses of Online Banking services are strictly prohibited. User agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Mound City Bank from and against any and all claims, actions, suits, judgments and expenses (including court costs and reasonable fees of attorneys, accountants and expert witnesses) at User's sole expense, arising from User's failure to abide by these restrictions on use of Online Banking services.
Unauthorized communication of any charge or credit card information belonging to any other person or entity;
||Unauthorized communication of any information concerning any password or other on-line access number, code, or identification or any other proprietary information belonging to any other person or entity;
||Use of Online Banking services to copy or to distribute or transmit copies of copyrighted materials belonging to any other person or entity is permitted only to the extent that the owner has provided express permission to the User permitting such activity. Copying or distribution or transmitting copyrighted materials other than with permission as specified above is expressly prohibited;
||Communicating any obscene or defamatory information including, but not limited to, bulletin boards or in conjunction with e-mail; or
||Use of Online Banking services in violation of any telecommunication, postal, or other local laws or regulations of the User's country of origin or of the United States or in furtherance or in the commission of any crime or other unlawful or improper purpose.
||To the extent permitted by applicable law or regulation, Mound City Bank makes no warranties or representations of any kind with respect to Online Banking Services, whether expressed or implied. No oral or written information or advice given by Mound City Bank or any of its employees shall create a warranty or in any way increase the scope of this warranty, and user may not rely on any such information or advice. In no event will Mound City Bank be liable for incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages, even if advised of the possibility thereof. In no event shall Mound City Bank’s liability for damages, regardless of cause or form of action, whether in contract or in tort (including negligence, defamation, and/or privacy actions), exceed the greater of (1) the user’s invoice value of Online Banking Services usages for the month during which the cause of action occurred, or (2) one hundred U.S. dollars ($100.00). The foregoing constitutes Mound City Bank’s sole and exclusive liability to user with respect to the use of Online Banking Services.
||User further agrees:
||Transmission of confidential business and sensitive personal information is at User's sole risk.
||Mound City Bank reserves the right to monitor and review transmissions online and in storage, and to remove or reject any material which Mound City Bank, at its sole discretion, believes may be unlawful or objectionable, without prior notice to User.
Rules and Regulations
- All accounts involved in an online transfer must be preauthorized by the owner(s) and approved by Mound City Bank.
- The Bank shall not have the duty to verify the identity of a person using a valid access code to transfer funds.
- The account owner(s) agree(s) to indemnify and hold the Bank harmless against any claims, demands, costs, or expenses resulting from or arising out of any unlawful or unauthorized requests for funds transfer or in failing or refusing to make any requested transfers.
- Internal Transfer requests will be accepted at any time provided all systems are operational. The internal transfer will be posted on a business day during the regular processing hours. Internal transfers made after 6:00 p.m. may not be posted until the next business day.
- The Bank may discontinue this service at any time.
- The account owner(s) agree(s) to notify the Bank immediately if they become aware that an unauthorized individual has knowledge of their user id and/or password.
- Federal regulations limit preauthorized, automatic, telephone and other transfers from savings and money market accounts to a total of six per statement cycle per account.
- External Transfers: You understand that the Bank or its authorized agents will carry out any external transfer requests from/to Mound City Bank accounts and other financial institution accounts. This ability requires a Bank Officer approval and may have fees attached to each transaction.
Bill Payment Feature
If you choose to enroll in Bill Payment, this authorization agreement applies:
- You hereby authorize Mound City Bank (Bank) or its authorized agent to make payments to creditors for you, as you may authorize from time to time and also authorize the Bank to post such payments to your account.
- You understand that the Bank or its authorized agent will use reasonable efforts to ensure payments reach creditors on time, but cannot guarantee the time a payment will be posted by a creditor. The Bank or its authorized agent will use reasonable efforts in ensuring creditors reverse any service fee or late charge related to payment processing errors. You also understand that the Bank or its authorized agent will not be responsible for any loss or penalty you may incur due to lack of sufficient funds or other conditions that may prevent the withdrawal of funds from your account.
- You understand there may be a fee of $0.50 per Bill Payment depending on the type of account you own, as described later in this Online Banking Service Agreement.
- You understand that your bill payment rights will cease at the time of deposit account closure. Any pending bill payments will be cancelled and all history will be removed.
- If you have NOT used Bill Payment for a 6 month duration, you authorize the Bank to terminate your Bill Payment rights. You understand that you will lose your Bill Payment history and all of your payees that were set up previously.
- You hereby agree to review and approve all user terms and conditions relative to authorized use of and confidential requirements of this product.
What you receive with an Online Banking Account
For Prestige Checking, Heritage Checking, PPIA, or It's On The House account holders:
Funds Transfer (Not available for CD, IRA’S and Savers Club accounts)
Unlimited Bill Payments at no charge (Not available for Savings, CD, IRA, Savers Club and Loans)
For Hometown Checking, SuperNow Checking, HSA, or Business Checking account holders:
Funds Transfer (Not available for CD, IRA’S and Savers Club accounts)
$0.50 per Bill Payment (Not available for Savings, CD, IRA, Savers Club and Loans)
You can also access your accounts through your online banking and set up alerts to notify you of a minimum balance in your account. This is an early warning sign that may help you avoid an overdraft on your account. Simply sign into your online banking, access customer service, add an alert, and then follow the prompts.
Online Statements and Electronic Disclosures
This service allows you to have the paper periodic deposit account statements and account disclosures that would normally be mailed to you, delivered electronically through our secure Online Banking service. If you enroll in Online Statements delivery, this authorization agreement applies:
You authorize Mound City Bank (hereinafter referred to as “we”, “our”, “us”, and “Bank”), at our discretion, to electronically deliver your account statements, important disclosures and notices about your deposit account(s), including those that we are required to provide you under all applicable federal and state laws where electronic delivery is permitted now or in the future. This may include, but may not be limited to, the following:
1. Your periodic account statements
2. Disclosures regarding your account that are required to be provided
3. Notices regarding changes to your account
4. Amendments to any agreements and/or disclosures governing your account
Once you enroll for this service, all accounts selected for Online Statements delivery will be delivered electronically. If you currently receive images of your checks & deposits in your statement, those images are made available to you through links and the account activity in the online banking service.
C. Equipment Requirements
In order to receive and retain your Online Statements and disclosures, you will need a current email address, a computer with Internet access, and web browser capable of high-security 128-bit encryption (SSL). We recommend using the most current version of Windows, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Firefox. The latest version of Adobe Reader is recommended to view Online Statements. You are responsible for the set-up and maintenance of your computer and Internet access. You may also want access to a printer or the ability to download information in order to keep copies of your Online Statements and disclosures for your records beyond the online banking retention. We will recommend a browser upgrade to customers requesting support who are using older browser versions no longer prevalent in the market - such as Microsoft®, for example, no longer offers support for outdated versions of Internet Explorer.
Each electronic disclosure or Online Statement will be available online for 18 months from the date it is posted. Electronic disclosures and Online Statements may be printed or exported for your permanent retention. Paper copies of disclosures or Online Statements are available upon request (a fee may apply) by contacting us at the number or address listed in the "How to Contact Us" section of this Online Banking Service Agreement.
E. Procedure to Terminate Electronic Delivery
You have the right to terminate your election to receive electronic Online Statements and disclosures at any time as described in this section. Electronic delivery may be terminated for any/all accounts. To discontinue receiving your account statements or disclosures electronically and request that they be sent in paper form by mail, select "Statements" from the navigation panel, select “Paper” from the drop down menu, and click the "Submit" button; or contact us. Electronic delivery will also be discontinued for any accounts that are linked as secondary accounts. Please be aware that if you elect to terminate electronic delivery and receive your account statements or disclosures in paper format, fees may apply. Following termination of the Online Statement service by either party, a new enrollment agreement will be required to reinstate this service.
F. Closed Accounts
If you close an account, you will have 60 days to remove any information you would like to retain, such as check and deposit images and bank statements before the account will be removed from your Online Banking. If you have no other open accounts, your Online Banking will be shut down completely after 60 days.
We will use our best efforts to deliver your electronic disclosures and Online Statements in a timely manner and in accordance with any applicable time required by law. However, we shall incur no liability if we are unable to deliver your disclosures or Online Statements because of the existence of any one or more of the following circumstances:
1. Our Web site or Online Banking is not working properly and you know or have been advised by us of the malfunction
2. Your equipment was not working properly
3. Internet service is interrupted due to traffic or other disruptions
4. Circumstances beyond our control (such as, but not limited to, fire, flood, interruption in telephone service or other communication lines, interference from an outside force, legal restriction or delays in service) prevent proper delivery and we have taken reasonable precautions to avoid those circumstances
You agree not to alter or use the disclosures or Online Statements for any unauthorized, fraudulent or other illegal purpose.
H. Authorization for Electronic Delivery
By enrolling in Online Statement, you are indicating that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by this Agreement and that you, and any authorized signers or users authorize us, at our discretion, to provide account disclosures and account statements electronically, until this Agreement is terminated or discontinued in accordance with this Agreement. You also confirm that, in accordance with the "Equipment Requirements" outlined in this Agreement, you have equipment that provides the ability to receive and retain electronic disclosures and statements.
How to Contact Us
Online Banking customers may communicate by sending a secure message through the Online Banking service. You may also communicate by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 608-348-2685 or 888-622-6069, or writing to P.O. Box 263, Platteville, WI, 53818.
Amendment and Termination
We may amend, change, or terminate this Agreement at any time after notice or authorization as/if required by law. If no notice or authorization is required by law, your continued use of Online Banking after the effective date of such change will constitute your acceptance of and agreement with such amendment(s).
If we terminate your use of Online Banking, your right to receive statements and disclosures electronically will also be terminated. Neither termination nor discontinuation shall affect your liability or obligation under this Agreement.